Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Malaysia Week


In Malaysia week, I went fishing in Kelong. Kelong is located near Sibu island, Johor. The place is a dock in the middle of the sea, it is made of wood like forest and palm trees and it is stable like an oil derrick in the middle of the sea.

The activities in Kelong were fishing, fish dissecting, plankton seeing and going to the beach in the end. When I was fishing I caught 9 fish. One of them was a banana fish, its colors are red and grayish-silver; the other one was an alligator gar, it ha
s long body and a long mouth like a birds beak, I caught this fish with the help of Mr Peavy, He said "
Go get your picture taken!", so 9 fish including the alligator gar is 10 fish.


In fish dissecting we were going to dissect the alligator gars, we joined in groups and were given one fish; we dissected it, there was blood and I used my courage to ignore it. Inside the fish there was another fish what the alligator gar ate; Kee threw the eaten fish away. Later my group gave me
the fish and I put on the Chopping board for the other group.

In plankton seeing, Mr Peavy told the group about planktons and how to use the microscopes. He told us that small microscopes for planktons and big ones for worms or other planktons. I saw planktons in the microscopes, those planktons reminded me of shrimps and caterpillars.
On the bus ride from and to KL, I look at places, talk to my friend, read a book called The Sea Hunters by Clive Cussler and played sudoku and kakuro.

This is the first Malaysia Week I had and I felt really happy.


Update: I uploaded my picture from my site leaders

No comments: