Monday, December 1, 2008

The goat house

My grandmother lives in Kota Bharu, Kelantan. Ever since I can remember there is a Goat House next to hers. There was always a large family of goats, at one time there was 28 of them.


The goat house is built of timber with pitch roof made of corrugated zinc. The four walls has a door and openings for ventilation and all around it. It has a ladder from the ground to the entrance, and it has a large compound, surrounded with three foot fence and it even has a gate.

The goats sleep in the house at night. One night I heard noises coming from the goat house when I was at my grandmother's house. Next morning I asked my grandmother what caused it. She told me that unwanted guests might have visited the goat house, like stray dogs, foxes looking for food, thunder and rain, storms and illegal motorcycle races running away from police. These intruders had disturbed the goats. I have a lot of questions about this goat house.

These questions will have to wait until I go back to Kota Bharu in the next school holidays.

Update: My grandmother answered my questions

No comments: